Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 9

How I hope my future will be...

I hope my future will be secure and happy.  I hope we always have enough time, friends, family, memories and love to keep us in a good place.  One of my favorite quotes about life comes from a Sheryl Crow song:

"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got."

I think there is a lot to be said about being content with what you have, both the joys and the struggles.  I am not asking for a perfect life.  I will take a well-balanced life.  I think the times of struggle really help us grow in necessary ways, even though it is almost always uncomfortable and unwanted.  No one signs up for difficult times, but would we really appreciate what we have if our lives were amazing everyday?  Is appreciating happiness only able to be done if you have experienced sadness?  I lean toward saying yes.  In life, we need to embrace the bitter and the sweet; I just hope for more sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment