Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 8

A moment I felt most satisfied with my life...

I feel most satisfied with my life when we are hiking in Moreau State Park.  We love to take the dogs there quite a bit over the summer, and we camp there in the fall with John and Jenn.  Something about being there fills me with a happiness that is pretty unique.  I never considered myself to be much of an outdoor gal, but being there makes me SO happy.  I just feel at peace in such beautiful surroundings.  Plus, I love swimming with the dogs.  Dave never does it, but I love it.  Truly LOVE it.  When I am there, I can concentrate on my little family, nature, and my quiet inner voice.  It is so breath-taking to stand there with the mountains surrounding the lake.  We try to go after 6 pm since that is when they stop policing people swimming in areas other than those designated for it.  I like to swim with just us since they don't allow dogs  on the beach.  Sometimes we hike, and sometimes we just sit and watch the Fen play fetch a million times. Mattie likes to swim in circles, but she doesn't want to fetch the ball very often.  All in all, it makes a pretty perfect time for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment