Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lucky #7

We are #7 from the top of our agency's waiting list.  There are 44 other families.  I had a long talk with our Waiting Families case worker yesterday, and I am feeling encouraged again.  When the wait gets long, the hope ebbs and flows.  Lately, it has felt more hopeless.  I was focusing on how many women hadn't picked us, how long we've been waiting, etc.  The reality is that it doesn't matter how many times we aren't picked, because someday, we will be.  Like the lottery, it only takes ONE.

I have been doing what I can to help us along.  I have taken a bunch of our agency post cards and am dropping them around town when I see a bulletin board.  While in the grand scheme, this will not likely bring us a match, but I am putting the word out there to the universe.  I do believe in karma, so may these deeds be returned to us soon! :-)  We are currently out to between 2 and 4 women who have no made a decision yet so there is hope.  There is always hope, but sometimes it is hard to see it.  Thank you for the continued prayers and support; they mean so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment