Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Silly Changes of Heart

I have always been someone who has very clear likes and dislikes.  It is a rare occasion when I change my mind about this list, but I must admit that I have noticed a few changes over the last few years.

For one, I always say that I dislike the color purple.  Unfortunately for me, there are a few examples that speak to the contrary.  When we re-modeled our (my) bathroom, I suggested using a variety of purples.  I really love how soothing and spa-like my bathroom is, and I think purple was absolutely the right choice.  Also, I have 3 purple sweaters.  Can one really hate a color and then have 3 items in that color?  I have to say no.  And I wear those sweaters often so I must concede that I might like purple a bit.

Secondly, rhubarb has been pretty unappealing.  I remember our granola neighbors had a garden and grew it.  Come to think of it, I used to think they were so lame, but now I would LOVE to have my own food garden.  Something about the color and the name of it just seemed awful.  Since joining our CSA last summer, we have enjoyed strawberry rhubarb pie and rhubarb cobbler.  It wouldn't be my first choice of dessert, but it certainly did not deserve the bad rap I gave it.


Last on the list is gold jewelry.  This one comes with a caveat--it is only suitable in certain cases.  For example, I love my gold anchor earrings.  They simply wouldn't look right in silver.  I would never want to only wear gold, but at times, I like it.

What have you changed your mind about?  Hopefully not about reading my blog!   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment