Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Six Of One, Half Dozen of the Other

This is my brother-in-law Josh's favorite saying.  In fact, he can pretty much use it in any conversation.  Yes, ANY conversation.  It is always applicable.

Growing up with my two amazing sisters, I always wondered what it would be like to have a brother.  Having Josh is actually the best of both worlds in that I didn't know him during that annoying wedgie-giving, fart joke telling, wrestling and punching phase that all boys go through starting around age five and ending sometime in their mid-20's.  Don't get me wrong, we still have a lot of fun, but it is much more mature...


One of my favorite things about Josh is that he and I are cut from the same type-A cloth.  It is wonderful to have such an unspoken understanding of exactly how things need to be done.  And we know because we wrote the manual.  We can't take total credit as my dad is also member of this club.  


Whether it be the importance of straightening the hand towels to planning a joint birthday party, we just know how to do it the right way.  We are both efficiency experts, and if there is a faster way to do something, we find it.  I know I can always count on Josh to back me in arguments with our easier-going mates, and I always agree with him.  Let's face it, life is easier for everyone if we do it our way.  


All joking aside, I am so lucky to have such a great brother-in-law.  He is a hard worker, and he is the perfect husband for my sister.  Josh is funny, sweet, thoughtful, and has a wicked sense of humor.  He makes my best friend so happy.  What more could I ask of him?


He also has a HUGE appetite for dinner rolls!  Take that Butchie! 


  




1 comment: