Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

What a fast week!  I only worked 3 days, and as you know, days off go by much faster than working days.

1.  On Sunday, my sister, brother-in-law and nephew came to visit!  We went to the lake, and James got to try toe dipping.  We had a nice picnic lunch and enjoyed the day.  We brought the dogs for the first swim of the season, and they also loved it.



2. We spent Memorial Day with family as well.  We first visited my parents and grandparents and then went to see Dave's parents and grandparents.  We had a BBQ complete with burgers, pasta salad, and strawberry rhubarb cobbler (made by Dave).  It was great to see everyone.

3.  I tried a new spinning class at my gym with a different instructor, and I did not enjoy it.  She talked the whole time about her life instead of listening to music.  The good news is that the class was only half an hour, and I won't be taking it again.  Luckily Zumba was extra-fun this week to make up for it.

4.  We have had 3 contractors come to look at our solarium/3-seasons room project.  We have one more coming next week.  We have been getting mixed ideas, but we really like the proposal by the team we met with yesterday.  We will see how their estimate is and how it compares to next week's team.  I am excited that this project may get off the ground!

5.  We have been working on our gardens quite a bit this year.  We bought 5 new plants from the Farmer's Market last weekend and brought a ton more back from Dave's parents garden.  I plan to photograph our gardens over the weekend so I will update.  We are also still thinking about trying our hand at a vegetable garden, but its location would be disturbed if we move ahead with our 3-season room.  Time will tell!



No comments:

Post a Comment