Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

1.  I began tutoring this week, and it has been going swimmingly.  Sometimes tutoring just isn't worth the headache and hassle because the student won't show up or they don't want to be there.  This is not the case this time, and I am so happy.  It does make for long Mondays and Wednesdays, but the work is enjoyable.  We are reading Of Mice and Men, and I forgot how much I enjoyed that novel.

2.  I finally (I think) ended my writing slump.  Last night I wrote two decent entries, and I am re-committing to writing.  My overall mood has been meh lately, and I think that is why I haven't written much.  The good news is that I have much to look forward to from now until July so I will try to be better about blogging.

3.  One week from today, Jess, Amanda, and I will be on our way to Cape Cod for our Sister's Weekend.  There are no words to describe how excited I am.  We have never gone away together so it should be pretty amazing.  The beach better get ready because here we come!

4.  Last Sunday, our nephew James was baptized.  It was a lovely service followed by a swinging party with yummy food and mimosas.  It is hard to believe that he is 8 months old already, but he is!  Each time I see him, he gets even cuter than last time.

5.  Tonight we are going to Auggie's with John and Jenn to celebrate John's birthday.  I am looking forward to some delicious Italian food and fun.  It has been a long week for both of us, and we are ready to cut loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment