Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Super Simple French Onion Soup

This is my mom's recipe, and I am so glad she shared it with me.  This soup is one of my favorites, but it is SO expensive in restaurants. I am not sure why, to be honest, because it is very easy to make.


Ingredients:


4 cups thinly sliced sweet onions(I used white)
1/4 cup buttter
1 TBSP. of minced garlic (more or less, depending on how garlicky you like it)
2 packages Lipton Onion soup mix
8 cups of water
bread french/rye (I didn't have any, so I used Triscuits)
cheese to top (I used fat-free mozzarella)


In large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter until onions are golden brown. Make soup according to package, then add cooked onions.  Toast or add stale bread to individual bowls. Pour soup over.Top with cheese.


In progress:
   Finished product:



No comments:

Post a Comment