Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quotes about writing

As I am in this writing-intensive period of my life, I have been searching for quotes from other writers for inspiration. Enjoy!


A great writer reveals the truth even when he or she does not wish to. ~ Tom Bissell


Writing is both mask and unveiling. ~ E.B. White


The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.  ~Anaïs Nin


The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.  ~Sylvia Plath


I love writing.  I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions.  ~James Michener

Writing is my time machine, takes me to the precise time and place I belong.  ~Jeb Dickerson



It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write.  ~Sinclair Lewis


A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.  ~Thomas Mann


Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money.~ Jules Renard

No comments:

Post a Comment