Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Snow

People have been complaining about it being "only the end of October" and yet it snowed today.  I have long given up on getting worked up over the weather.  In fact, I embrace weather.  The sun is nice and all, but I much prefer precipitation.  I feel like it is life's way of saying "take it easy!"  Plus, I live in upstate NY, of course we will get snow!  I know this snow won't stick, but when it does, that will be fine with me.

Many good things come with snow:
* sledding
* snow days
* no more yard work
* everything looks pretty
* snow days
*hot cocoa
* snuggling up in a blanket
* snow days
* Christmas
* how quiet everything seems

I could go on, but my point is that we cannot control the weather anymore than we can control life.  Since we can't do anything about it, we may as well enjoy it.  Dave and I get rather excited when there is a winter storm warning. While I would have liked fall to last a bit longer than it did, I refuse to complain. Winter has charms of her own, and I will enjoy them as they are rather lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment