Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthday Eve

9/23/11
It's the eve of my big birthday, and I am feeling good.  I have much to be thankful for, and that is what I am choosing to focus on.  I have a wonderful husband who loves me.  We have 2 dogs that bring us so much joy.  We are healthy and happy.  While this summer marked our 3 year wedding anniversary, it has also been 3 years since my lymph node surgery.  Finding out that it wasn't cancer was life-altering.  It has given me a more positive outlook on life.  Fewer things seem like a big deal.  It has been challenging at times, but I really try not to sweat the small stuff. And let's face it, compared to cancer, it is ALL small stuff!!

So, about turning 30 and not being a mom...I won't lie and say that it hasn't been on my mind this week, but I am really trying to trust in God's timing.  In many ways, a child would be the icing on an already amazing cake.  For this weekend, I will focus on all that I have to be thankful for.  One of my favorite quotes from Carrie Bradshaw sums it up: "Why do we let the thing we don't have affect how we feel about all the things we do have?" When I start to feel down, I remember this question.  My life at 29 years and 364 days is fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment