Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Clean Slate

If your life was a clean slate, and you could do anything you wanted, go anywhere you wanted, have any career you wanted, what would you do differently, if anything, and why?


Hmmm, this is a tough one since I believe that our lives happen as they should.  Barring that, what would I do differently?


I love teaching, but part of me would like to be a lady of leisure and have the money and freedom to pursue my hobbies.  I would like to spend my days in coffee shops reading and writing. I would take classes at a local college just because I am interested in the topic. I would become fluent in Spanish as it is a language I love and often wish I knew more of.  I would read at story time at the local library.  I think whatever I would do instead of teaching would have to involve kids and books. So I guess I am a teacher at my core.  


I would want to live by the beach in a small and unassuming cottage.  Maybe I would split my time between the cottage and an apartment in Boston or Paris.  I would like to not own a house with a lot of land and square footage.  I would like just enough space for Dave and I with the dogs.  We would take walks on the beach every day and drink wine by the fire.  I love a simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment