Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Living on Love Songs

For Dave, a man that I am most grateful for.  Sometimes, a song just says it best.

"This could be one of those memories
We wanna hold on to, cling to, the one we can't forget
Baby this could be our last first kiss, the door to forever
What if this was that moment, that chance worth taking?
History in the making"
~Darius Rucker


"I got someone who loves me more than words can say
And I'm thankful for that each and every day
And if I count all my blessings, I get a smile on my face
Still it's hard to find faith
But if you can look in my eyes
And tell me we'll be alright
If you promise never to leave
You just might make me believe"

~Sugarland, one of our first concerts together


"I've been searching a long time
For someone exactly like you
I've been travelling all around the world
Waiting for you to come through.
Someone like you makes it
All worth while
Someone like you keeps
Me satisfied. Someone exactly
Like you."

~Van Morrison, our wedding song


"You're a falling star, you're the get away car.
You're the line in the sand when I go too far.
You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And you're the perfect thing to say.
You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,
And you light me up, when you ring my bell.
You're a mystery, you're from outer space,
You're every minute of my everyday.
And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything."
~Michael Buble, from the night we were engaged

No comments:

Post a Comment