Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Catch Up

Before I begin to describe our holiday week, I must say that I was BEYOND disappointed that we did not remember to pack our camera. I love holiday pictures, and aside from the pictures taken by others, I do not have any from Christmas 2010. But anyway...

We spent the morning of Christmas Eve at home, not really doing much at all. We took a nice long walk, which was longer than we thought and ended up making us almost late for church. We rushed to pack and get ready, which is why I forgot the camera and my tooth brush. We made it to mass with 10 minutes to spare! Luckily my parents saved us a seat. After mass, we had our traditional Polish Christmas Eve. My grandmother has always prepared this meal, but her health isn't the best so my youngest sister Amanda cooked. She did an amazing job! I am hoping that she will post about it on her food blog. (http://sweetgirlsguidetosweets.tumblr.com/)

On Christmas morning, we opened gifts with my side of the family before heading to New Hartford to see Dave's side of the family. We arrived in NH at about 4, and spent some time with Dave's parents before the rest of the family arrived. The Maine branch of the family arrived around 5, Pop Pop and Norma shortly after, and the California branch arrived around midnight. We had a nice lasagna dinner that night, but the real feast would be the following day. My MIL thought it best to wait until everyone was here and rested before we enjoyed a prime rib dinner. I look forward to her prime rib every year because it is AMAZING! I definitely overate all through the holiday weekend. We continued to exchange gifts while we were there, and we ended our stay there with my MIL's birthday lunch. We went to an awesome lunch at a yummy Lebanese restaurant. We took off for home after lunch.

As wonderful as it was to spend so much time with family, there is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment