Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Favorite Quotes

As an English teacher, I have always been fond of inspirational quotes. My students often groan when I give them a quote and ask them to write an essay about it, but those were my favorite assignments when I was in school. I know, I know, NERD ALERT!  But anyway, here are some of the quotes that I am loving this week:

“Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. Love still stands when all else has fallen.”

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

“I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.”  

"Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human." ~ Anthony Robbins 

No comments:

Post a Comment