Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Toast to Good Fortune

I am a believer in fate and karma. Even though my Catholic upbringing preaches about free will, and I am a firm believer in the power of making choices, I also believe in destiny and finding your somewhat pre-determined path. I do believe in God, and I think He has a perfect plan for my life. I know this because in many ways, I feel like I have found it.

I am married to a man who truly couldn't be a better fit for me. We are alike in the most crucial ways, and yet we are different in ways that keep our relationship interesting.

I have a job which I am passionate about (teaching, not bartending!), and I feel so lucky to be where I am in life.

We are comfortable and happy.

If you asked me to pick one word to describe how I feel about my life as it is today, I would say GRATEFUL. I feel like I have more than I ever dreamed of, and much more than I probably deserve.

Dave and I save all of our good fortunes from our fortune cookies, and I wanted to share some of those with you today. These have been collected over 4 years, and I still love them!

"Like the river flows into the sea, some things are just meant to be."

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world."

"Excitement and intrigue follow you closely wherever you go." <-- that one was mine! :-)

"There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life"

"Your love life will be happy and harmonious."

"You will have no problems in your home."

And perhaps my favorite one, "Your dearest wish will come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment