Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

A Day Off!

Today both Dave and I were off! As much as I complain about my boss at my summer job, she has been giving me Fridays off as a compromise for working BOTH weekend days. Not perfect, but at least Dave and I get one full day off together.

Dave had an appointment with a new ENT today. He has been suffering from some (what we thought were) inner ear issues--popping, etc. The visit went well and the doc suggested that he get a mouth guard as his problems seem to be stemming from his jaw, not his ears. This is hilarious only because his mom (who is almost always right) was right! While we are not rejoicing just yet, we are somewhat relieved that all the signs seem to be pointing in the not serious jaw direction.

We also headed up to the Lake George outlets today. I had a few coupons, so I thought it would be a good trip. Dave ended up getting several things, but I did not have much luck. I was hoping to start some Back To School shopping, but alas. I did end up ordering that rose pendant from my last post. I realized after the fact that my link was bad. It was from etsy.com.

When we got home, we cooked dinner together! I don't know why we don't do that more often because we always enjoy it. We made rice noodles (we are trying gluten-free for a bit), chicken curry, and a vegetable medley. Dave's co-worker gave us fresh beans and zucchini, so I mixed that with onions and peppers. YUM. We opened a nice Malbec and had dinner on the deck. It was a really nice evening. I am so excited to watch "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment