Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The New F Word

I have always loved the country song "I don't have to be me till Monday" by Steve Azar. It has a snappy tune, but I love the message. It is about taking full advantage of your free time and to have FUN. Yeah, remember that? Fun? I think so many people (myself included) take life so darned seriously sometimes that they forget to cut loose and enjoy life.

"I can do what I wanna do,be who I wanna be
I got no one to answer to, soon as I turn the key
A cash machine, gasoline and we're outta here
Call it an early weekend, call it goin' off the deep end
Baby,you and me, we can leave it all behind"

I love it. Granted, most adults who have responsibilities that they cannot shirk, but is life so serious after all? Be honest, how many of the items on your To Do list really make you (or your spouse/family) happy or contribute to a greater sense of well being? Most of what I "have" to do is self-imposed busy work. While I am hard-wired to be busy, an efficient task master I do not think it is the best way to be. It reminds me of an article I read over the winter about just being. I think I get so caught up with what is coming next that I fail to live in the moment and just be. This is not a new revelation for me, but it is something I always need to be conscious of.

So how are you going to fit some fun in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment