Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

An Odd Realization

As I was driving home from work tonight, my CD player shuffled to a Christmas album.  As I let it play, I started thinking about snow.  Initially, I was happy with our snowless winter.  Upon deeper thought, I feel like I missed it.  I actually thought, "hmm it must be going to snow soon."  That is a crazy thought since it is June, but I feel like I missed out on a real winter!

We normally have 2 or 3 or 4 snow days in any given winter.  This year, we took them in May since we had only one snow storm all winter.  While a 5-day Memorial Day weekend was nice, I think I prefer my snow days the traditional way.  There is nothing like waking up extra-early to watch the news to see if our schools are closed.  Even though I am too excited to sleep on those mornings, I head back to bed just because I can.  I think I appreciate real snow days more because they are a surprise.  They feel like a small gift from the universe, a day to stay in and not feel guilty about it.

Here are some pictures of snow days past, in case you forgot what it is like...





Fen loves snow days too!


No comments:

Post a Comment