Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

What a week!  You know it is crazy when there is only one post between weekly wrap ups.  I will get better next week since I have several neat activities coming up!

So this week...

1.  I took an awesome road trip with my youngest sister over the weekend.  We had the best time, and I can't wait to do it again.  I finally went to Ikea and Sonic, and they were as amazing as I thought they would be.  Maybe our other sister will join us next time? :-) Hint, hint!

2.  I had a fun meet up with Jess and James downtown for a walk and Plum Dandy.  The weather has been unseasonably warm this week, and it was wonderful to get outside and walk around.  I have written about how much I love where I live in other posts, but I want to reiterate how awesome our small city is.  I look forward to many more walk arounds in the months to come.

3.  I lost 4 pounds!  The bad news is that it is because I had the stomach flu.  I came home from work sick on Wednesday, stayed home on Thursday, and am finally somewhat feeling like myself again today.  Luckily, I only have a half day with the kids, and I can rally for 4 hours.  I do not wish that illness on anyone as it was the sickest I have been in a LONG time.

4.  Syracuse won their first tournament game yesterday in a close one against NC Asheville.  Dave had a great time watching it with our brother-in-law Josh and his family at a bar while I was home on the couch.  Pity party, table for one? ;-)

5.  Only 22 days until we leave for NC!  I absolutely LOVE visiting my in laws in the beautiful and warm state of NC.  We usually see friends in DC on our way down, and then enjoy the rest of the week relaxing, walking, and eating.   It is funny (odd, not haha) to be a NY-er while there.  The whole pace of life is different, slower but in a nice way.  People talk to one another in line at the grocery store.  While this somewhat goes against my personality, I do find it novel and nice.  For a week anyway!

Have a great weekend!  Look for more posts coming soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment