Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Love Rain!

Since I began working my summer job 3 years ago, I have worked on Sundays. For the most part, I have never minded since the group that golfs on Sunday nights is really nice.  I mind a bit more once school and football season starts! My idea of a perfect Sunday is sitting on the couch wth Dave from 1 pm on, watching football. Since I work from 3 pm to close every Sunday, I usually miss out on about half of the football season.

Today, I was called by my boss and told to stay home! The group canceled due to excessive rain! I was awake around 1 am this morning when the rain started, and it has yet to let up. While football hasn't started yet, I am still glad for an unplanned day off. I spent part of today cooking. I made apple sauce and mashed potatoes. I did some cleaning and laundry as well as a bit of shopping at TJMaxx. Another one of my favorite weekend activities is taking a nap, and I did that today as well. I am waiting for Dave to return from Philly around 7:30 pm.

One downside to the rain is that the dogs are bored. I feel especially bad for the pup that I am watching because she has to be in her crate all day long. Normally, she spends most of her time outside, but she is a princess and hates the rain. Unfortunately, Dave and I are borh allergic to her so bringing her to our house is just not an option. Anyway, I am going to dive in a book a co-worker lent me. Seeing how school starts in a a little over 2 weeks, I need to get as much reading in as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment