Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chili Weather

I meant to post this last week, but I kept forgetting to upload the pictures. Dave and I love chili, but we despise beans! So I set out in search of a yummy chili recipe that offered something a bit different. I started with a recipe from the Newly Wed Cookbook, and I have adapted it over time. I usually make this almost every Sunday during football season, and we enjoy it while we watch the games. It is quick, easy, and delicious!

To begin, brown up your ground turkey or beef. We use ground turkey for everything, including burgers, tacos, and chili. I use a sauce pot since I will be adding other ingredients.










While the meat is cooking, I chop up yellow peppers, red peppers. and onions.











Once the meat is mostly cooked, I add these to the pot. I also add a small can of tomato sauce as well as a medium can of hot chili peppers. The canned chili peppers can be found in the Mexican food aisle. I also add cayenne pepper and black pepper. Of course, you can make the chili more or less spicy, depending on your taste. I will tell ya, we like it SPICY! I let the pot simmer for about 20 minutes, and then you are ready to enjoy! We like to top our chili with taco cheese for an added kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment