Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Good Housekeeping

In our never-ending stay or sell struggle, Dave and I have decided to do some work on the house. We know that if we find a house that we love (already happened), and they are willing to negotiate a price we can afford (still working on this one), that we will need to get our home on the market ASAP. We want to be ready, and if we never end up selling, then we will have just made some nice improvements on our home.

One of the most time intensive projects we have undertaken was re-painting the front porch and painting the rocker on the front porch. I can't believe how a fresh coat of paint is such a huge face lift!













I am also working on a wreath for the front door. I have zero craft talent, so I will need help with this one!














In anticipation of fall (and also because I forgot to water the previous flowers and they died), I planted mums in my flower boxes. I am thinking they are a bit sparse, but I want to see if they spread out a bit more before I plant a couple more.












Finally, I broke down and purchased a new table cloth and napkins for the dining room. If you have not seen my dining room, it is a combination of cream and a terra cotta-type reddish color. Because I was always worried about making the room look too busy, I always stuck with cream linens. Cream = BORING! I finally stepped out of the box and went with a cool napkin pattern. It matches the room and my table cloth perfectly!


1 comment:

  1. I love your new napkins- that fabric is beautiful! Where did you find them? They would look great in my dining room too!

    ReplyDelete