Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ahh!

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." ~ Robert McCloskey 

This quote describes me perfectly right now. I wish I could explain how generally misunderstood I feel, but I can't! I am feeling generally frustrated with life as of late, and I think a lot of it is as a result of our adoption plans.  I hadn't disclosed this before, but we have had 2 potential matches, one due in July and one due in October. Both fell through (obviously), but I cannot help but take it personally. I think we are a great couple who would make terrific parents, and yet, we are still not selected.

Dave says that he does not take not being selected personally because it is not about them not liking us as much as it about them wanting to parent their children, but gosh it is hard to take. Deep down, I know he is right; however, that does not lessen the disappointment and sadness I feel when we are not chosen. It brings me back to the fact that I cannot give my husband a child, and that sucks. I am so excited about adopting, and I just NEED it to happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment