Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week in Review

This week was both long and short. The first week after a vacation is inevitably difficult, and this week was no exception. While this week was tough, there were some definite bright spots.

First and foremost, Charlotte Michelle finally arrived! She was born on 12/2, 8 lbs. and 13 ozs. She and her exhausted parents are doing well. I went to see her on Friday night, and she is just beautiful. She slept almost the whole time I was there, but I did get to see her eyes for a few brief seconds. I am not sure when I will get down to see her again, but I do hope it is soon!

Secondly, I ran the Reindeer Run 5k yesterday, and I finished with my best time yet: 36 minutes! This is especially exciting because I haven't been training and because it means GOT is over until the spring. Unfortunately the fall season was a bust, and only one student ran the race. It is tough to get girls in the fall because our school has 2 fall sports, and most of the girls play one of the two. I feel guilty admitting this, but I actually do not enjoy running. Most people are surprised by this since I have been coaching GOT for the past 3 seasons, but I just don't like it!

We also put our Christmas tree yesterday! I wasn't sure if I wanted to, but then it started to snow and I got caught up in the holiday spirit. The tree looks great! I will post pictures later, but there are some nice shots with the snow.

It has been a really relaxing weekend for us. Aside from the race yesterday and grocery shopping today, we have just been hanging around the house, and it has been great! We only have 2 1/2 weeks until Christmas break!

On the adoption front, we have decided to delay going active until January. We want to get a few more photos taken over Christmas so we have decided to wait. Surprisingly, I am fine with this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment