Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

One of the busiest weekends in a while is winding down. Yesterday we hosted our annual holiday party! While I LOVE entertaining, I despise all of the cleaning and prep that goes along with it! I woke up around 5 am on Saturday because I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to get everything done. Not only did I have plenty of time, but I nearly collapsed with exhaustion mid-afternoon! The party was great. I love getting together with all of our closest friends during the holidays. This year was quite different than past years because we had 3 children in attendance! I had a great time holding the 2 babies and the pups LOVED playing with the 4 year old. I took a few cute photos this weekend, and I will publish them later on.

Today was a cookie exchange at Aunt Sue's house. This was my second exchange this year, and it definitely overwhelmed me! Since baking is not one of my talents, I struggle with finding a good recipe that is easy and making cookies that taste OK. The cookies were a mess, and they tasted terrible! It was nice to see everyone, but I had a nagging headache so I wasn't able to enjoy myself to the fullest. We also had a wonderful surprise--Erica came home a day early! It is so nice to have her home.

Now I am enjoying my typical Sunday evening, watching football with D and the dogs. Unfortunately, the 49ers are playing terribly again, but I am hopeful! This week is a short one, only 3 days! It is hard to believe that Christmas is this week! I still have some shopping to do, but I am nearly finished. Can I add that to my list of reasons to be thankful? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment