Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Verbose: adj. characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy

What a whirlwind week it has been, and yet not much is new?! Dave is finishing up summer school finally, which is great! It also means that the end of summer is just around the corner. It is odd how fast this summer has gone, and yet, I don't feel like we have done all that much.

Last weekend was full of activities. The in-laws were visiting, and we had fun with them. We had a fabulous dinner at Sushi Thai and dessert at Coldstone, my favorite. The next morning, we went to check out the model home's floor plan. We are still on the fence about what to do regarding a house, and that is a topic I do not care to blog about right now. Saturday night we had a great BBQ at our house. All of our closest friends came, and one of Dave's friends was up from DC. It was so nice to see everyone and to actually entertain at our house.

We have really been slacking in that department this summer, but between our work schedules, we barely have time to do fun stuff with each other. We have been trying our best to golf together once a week. I also play in the ladies league on Wednesdays (when I am not working!). We keep talking about getting up to the track, but haven't yet. Pop Pop and Norma are due up this Friday and the track is on the agenda. Then we have a BBQ at 431 for Mom and Dad's birthdays. It is shaping up to be a fun weekend even though I am working both Saturday and Sunday. I am frustrated that I did not take ANY pictures this weekend, and I never seem to remember to when I am having fun. We need good pictures for our profile. On the baby front, my SPS and I went to the Pass It On Sale last night, and it was VERY successful for me! I bought a pack and play, a swing, a mobile, some rattles, and a bottle drier, all for $70! I was so excited! Of course I had to assemble the PAP immediately, and it looks great. It is strange seeing baby stuff in our gest room, but it is also very exciting. One week from tomorrow is our workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment