Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

SUPER hot

It has been a whirlwind weekend/early week! On Friday, we went to the track with Pop Pop and Norma. I bet on two horses, but both lost! Of course Dave's horses won. :-) We had a good time even though it was SUPER hot. We also got to see Amanda and Jon working at their betting booths. After that it was off to Sears to pick up my new vacuum! I know that sounds really lame, but I have been wanting and needing a good one for a few years now. With 2 pups, it is a daily struggle to keep the house clean. After that, we went to 431 to have a family BBQ for Mom and Dad's birthdays. J and J were there with wedding pictures! I wish the family was able to gtg more often, but it is tough.

Saturday I worked the morning shift. I rushed home to go see a house. We loved the house, but it is actually smaller than our current home. While it has many of the upgrades we are looking for, the main reason we want to move is to have more space. We just keep looking. I give D a lot of credit for keeping this home search going, but I am also growing frustrated that what we want, we can't afford! :-P

We met JRavs and JennyB for golf on Saturday evening. We had a great time even though I did not play all that well. I was in a mood to have fun, not play serious golf. We went to TGIFridays for dinner and drinks. It was a great night out. I love going out with outr friends, and I wish we had more opportunities to do so. We got to talk about their wedding, which D and I are both in.

We have our adoption seminar on Thursday and Friday, and I am really excited! I hope all goes well, and that we can realy get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment