Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Reflections on Good Deeds

I am so glad that I did this!

The Good:

*  While it wasn't easy, it certainly forced me to look at different ways to help others.
*  It pushed me to finally DO some of the things I have been putting off.
*  I hope it has challenged my readers to try to do some good deeds.
*  I think people have felt a bit more loved and appreciated as a result of this challenge.

The Tough:

*  The cost.  I really wanted to keep my deeds mostly free, but that was nearly impossible.  If I were working, spending the extra money wouldn't have hindered my good deeding.


Groceries: $10
Stamps: $1.38
Ornaments: $6
Gifts: $28.50
Shipping: $25.65
Card: $2.79
Donation: $37



*  I really struggled at times to come up with ideas.  While volunteering is always great, as a stay at home mom, I was limited in what time I could give.

All in all, I loved this project.  I am thinking for 2013, doing one good deed every week.  It gives me more time to really come up with a good idea and to carry it out with intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment