Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

20 Days Until Christmas!!!


I am always a person who LOVES Christmas.  Not just for the gifts, but every bit of it.  The tree, the cookies, the family get togethers, the music, the snow, wrapping gifts, the meals, the love, the togetherness.  And this year, we have the best gift of all.  



So what are we doing for Christmas?  This year is going to be very different.  In addition to having Lucas with us, we are no longer celebrating Christmas Eve in our usual Polish tradition.  Part of me feels sad about this since we have done it for as long as I can remember, but the other part of me is excited to start new family traditions with Lucas.  Dave and I talk often about how nice it will be to have a quiet Christmas Eve at home.  I will cook a nice meal, we will read The Polar Express to Lucas, and we will give him his gifts.  Since he is too young to understand anything Christmasy, we figure there is no harm in doing it this way this year.

Are you wondering what is Santa bringing our sweet boy?  Not a whole lot to be honest!  Since he is too young to understand, we are going light this year.  We also know he has many family members who are looking to spoil him!  There isn't much that he needs.  Santa is bringing him one toy and one stuffed animal.  The stuffed animal is one I bought last Christmas, just in case he arrived.  To tell you the truth, I don't even know what it is since I asked the clerk to wrap it up!  I think it is a bear, possibly a koala.  I remember that it was very soft and that is partly why I selected it.  

This year we are focusing on all we have been given, gifts that are priceless.  The miracle that we so do not deserve, yet is here.  Isn't that what Christmas is all about?


No comments:

Post a Comment