Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Year in Review


1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?

Tons actually!  2012 was a huge year of firsts for me.  The biggest first was becoming parents after 2 1/2 years of waiting.  As new parents, there have been many firsts, and we are loving all of them.  Another shocking first is that I am a stay at home mom for the year.

This year I also traveled more than any other year. I was out of state 7 out of 12 months.  I also lived in a lake house in New Hampshire for a month.   I flew in an airplane for the first time since 2007, and I survived.

While I was the most stressed during August-October, I am now more at peace than ever.  Everything about my life feels just right.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? 


I didn't really make any last year, but I still need to work on my diet and exercise.  I did surpass my reading goal, and I semi-maintained my blog.

My resolution for 2013 is to live in a state of gratitude for all I have been given, most of which I do not deserve.

3. What places did you visit? 

Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Cape Cod, Maine, Ohio, California, Nevada, Vermont, New Hampshire

4. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

Nothing.

5. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?


5/18-20: Sisters Weekend in Cape Cod
7/5: Our 4th wedding anniversary and the day we got THE call
7/13: We made our match official
8/1-9: Our California/Lake Tahoe trip
8/22: LXG is  born
10/12: TRP is final

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 

Honestly, being a decent mom.  I wasn't sure I could do it well, but I think I am doing a good job.  I read 42 books this year, and I also tried (and loved) paddle boarding.
  
7. What was your biggest failure?

Right after LXG was born, I was afraid to really open my heart to him.  We were so close to our dream, and I was afraid it would come crashing down.  My parents' faith and love carried me through, and I opened my heart and never looked back.

8. Did you suffer illness or injury?


No :-)

9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? 

Aside from LXG, my year was all about great trips.  Amanda and I drove to VIrginia for a job interview and had the best time.  In May, Jess, Amanda and I went to Cape Cod for a Sisters Weekend and to celebrate Amanda's 25th birthday.  It was probably the best weekend of the year.  Dave and I also took an amazing trip to California and Lake Tahoe.  We made some really great memories this year.

10. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter? 
fatter
c) richer or poorer
poorer

11. What do you wish you’d done more of?

We didn't get up to Moreau Lake as often as we usually do.  We also missed our annual camping trip with John and Jenn because we were in New Hampshire.  We took one hike, and I'd like to take more in 2013.  As always, I wish I had written more.  I hope my memory of LXG stays fresh because I didn't record much of his young life because we were too busy living it!    

12. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worrying and spending time in New Hampshire.  I never loved New York more than the day we came home.

13.  What were your favorite TV programs?

Modern Family
Big Bang Theory
NFL
Friends
HGTV
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
  
14.  What did you do for your birthday in 2012?

Not much at all, and it was exactly what I wanted.  We had just returned from New Hampshire, Sara had been here, and I just wanted a low-key birthday.  Having LXG was all I wanted, and we just enjoyed him.  Dave did take me to a Patriots/Bills game in Buffalo the following weekend, and it was awesome!  

15.  What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?

At the risk of sounding cheesy, I learned that miracles DO happen!  So many times I doubted if we would ever be parents, and LXG is such a miracle in every way.  When I think of all of the ways that our adoption could have fallen apart, I am awe of how it all came together.

16.  My goals for 2013:   

Be present, say thank you, love more!


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment