Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A slump

I am frustrated that I am in a writing slump.  It's not that I have nothing going on, because I do, but none of it is all that interesting.  I am out of the classroom the next 3 days to correct the ELAs, and I have mixed feelings about it.  I am curious to see how the students did, but leaving my class for 3 days is never ideal.  Yesterday, I counted and I have 31 teaching days left until summer.  I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by.  While the end is in sight, it also seems never-ending.  I get tired around this time of year.  Last night I worked on my 9th graders final writing task.  In my head, I keep saying that it is still April and that I have plenty of time, but in reality the end of the year flies by so quickly.  I would like to avoid the stress of getting my finals ready so I am starting earlier this year.  I know I need to revise both of them a fair amount so I'd better get started.  My long-term planning has come in handy in my teaching profession, but I continue to be blown away by just how fast time goes by.

My goal is to have more interesting entries very soon! Dave and I have some fun events planned for this weekend so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment