Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Writing Club

I am meeting with my writing club this evening after not seeing them since February.  I really love this group.  I am decent at staying motivated to write on my own, but this group keeps me going when I lose focus.  I have been reading much more than writing these days since it is the more relaxing of the two, but I need to get back to writing.

Our leader brings different types of writing prompts, and we pretty much write non-stop for an hour and a half.  I am excited to bring my new pens tonight.  Sometimes writing is more fun when you have a fun notebook and excellent pens.

Work has been beyond stressful this week with the state assessments, and I seriously need to decompress. Reading offers me a total check out, which I like when I am stressed; however, one of my goals for the year was to write a ton.  I almost need to schedule writing time.  Weekend mornings used to be the best quiet time I had, but weekends lately have been crazy and show no signs of slowing down.  I really have no excuse as I have several books with writing prompts for ideas, I just need to get serious again.

After tonight, I will have several new postings! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment