Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why I Love Jess

Since I know she is a faithful follower of my blog, this one is for you Jess!


My older younger sister, the one who is a lot taller even though she is younger.  When we were young, we used to pretend that we were twins.  She has always been my other half, and we compliment each other in pretty much every way.  We are each other's cheerleader, confidante, and best friend.  I have always felt lucky to have a sister who is so close in age that it seems that we are going through life at just about the same pace.

"Sisters don't need words.  They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief.  Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling."  ~Pam Brown


She is just as goofy as she is serious.  She sees life through a different lens than I do, and she always sees the other side of the story.  She is the lover to my fighter.  She is generous with her time, creativity, and her personality.

"More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good."  ~Linda Sunshine
"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double."  ~Toni Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment