Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting Organized

After a recent stay at my sister and brother-in-law's condo, Dave and I had to hang our heads in shame. Their place was SO neat and tidy! We decided to turn our embarrassment into action this weekend!  We targeted a few areas that are especially annoying:
1. Our shoes
2. My purses/totes/etc.
3. The mail and magazines

I spent about an hour organizing my closet. My dad installed the shelves in our closet for us, and he is about 6 feet tall. I always struggled to keep my closet neat in part because I couldn't reach the shelves very well.  Step One was lowering the shelves to a reasonable level for my height. What a difference! Not only can I better see my clothes, but I can use the top shelf for all of my shoes! Brilliant! I also purchased a tote for the bags that I am not using, and it slides nicely under my clothing rack.

Exhibit A:





















Dave and I also have been toying with the idea of changing some parts of our bedroom. Lighting is a HUGE issue in there. We have a ceiling fan/light, but it is virtually useless in the light department. We set out today to find new lamps, and also found a new bedding set! Target is awesome! The bedding set was $89 and the lamps were $30 each.

Here is the before:




















Here is the after:





















Close up of new lamps:

No comments:

Post a Comment