Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

All's Quiet on the Baby Front

Well, it has been a while since I've done a baby post so here goes. There is nothing to report.  We have not been shown in approximately one month, which is disheartening. Every day I check the mail for the post card from our agency, and every day it is not there. I know that when an expectant mom checks us out online, we do not know, but I like getting the card. Somehow it gives me hope. While the 12ish cards we have received all turned out to be nothing, at least we know that our profile is out there, ya know?

I talked with my friend April, and she has not been shown in 8 months. I know that compared to that, one month is nothing. One bright spot is that Dave and I have been so very busy lately that we are not noticing how much time is passing. I could not believe that October 1st marked 7 months of waiting. We will need to update our home study in December, and I just can't believe it has been this long already. I must admit, in the day to day, it doesn't feel like that much time has passed. When I drive to work, I daydream about what it will be like. Dave and I got laughing tonight about how we would handle our child as a teenager. Luckily, we have plenty of time to figure that out! And until then...

"All human wisdom is summed up in two words--wait and hope." ~Alexandre Dumas Pere

No comments:

Post a Comment