Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A friend of mine from school and her daughter really love running. As you know, I can get caught up in the excitement of an idea, and sometimes get in over my head. I signed up for a 5k, which isn't that out of the ordinary for me as I usually do 3 or 4 each year. The difference is that I did not train for this one. My mom and my sister (who are both runners) came up to run the race too. Here is a picture of us at my house before we went:

















A combination of not training and wearing gel inserts in my sneakers caused an injury.  This is why I don't exercise:
















The good news is that, in spite of the pain, I finished the race in 37 minutes and 30 seconds. Not my best time for sure, but I am glad it is over. Now I am sitting here with 2 pained feet, but also a feeling of success.  I am signed up to run another one on Thanksgiving morning, but I am not sure I will do it. Dave and I are doing the 2 mile walk before the 5k, so I may just do that and cheer my family on from the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment