Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2009

"When you said, 'I'm down with that' it meant you had the flu..." ~Tim McGraw

What a week. It has actually been one of the most boring weeks at school because so many of the students are sick with the flu. Today was the first day that I had more kids present than absent all week. Luckily, I am feeling fine.

On the adoption front, we are moving full speed ahead! Our profile pictures were approved by our agency. We will finish the first draft of the text this weekend and send that off for approval as well. We are waiting for one more letter of recommendation to arrive from California and for D to get a paper notorized, and then we can mail ALL of our home study paperwork in! I am so glad to be moving ahead. For a few weeks it felt as though we were standing still, but it is all coming together now.

This weekend is my cousin's wife's baby shower in Utica. After the shower, we are going to Pop Pop's to pick up a crib that S left for us. It is 10 years old so we will leave it with my parents for the occassional sleep over. I was pleasantly surprised when D said that he wanted us to have a new crib. Being ever so frugal, I assumed we could use a second hand one, but NO! We reasoned that standards have changed on cribs and car seats so that it made sense to buy new. Yay for baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment