Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

New Do!


What a weekend it has been! I cannot believe that I am sitting down to type this at 7:47 pm on Monday night. We were so looking forward to savoring this long weekend, and yet it is almost over. We did have quite a busy weekend. On Friday night we headed out to NH to visit D's family. We had a nice family dinner with his grandpa, step-grandmother, and his brother, sister-in-law and kids from Maine. It was so great to see everyone and catch up. We stopped to see Nan and Pop on our way too. We stayed up too late watching the Yankees, hoping for a loss. It was not to be. This weekend ended any hopes the Sox had of moving on. Alas...

On Saturday morning I FINALLY was able to get my hair cut and colored. I went with a new style and shade, and so far, I am quite happy with it. It is the shortest it has ever been, but it seems just right to me! We also took some photos for our adoption profile. We used D's father's camera, and they turned out just great! We spent the day with the family, and then we rushed home to have dinner with J and J. We drank too much wine and played Smart Ass. It was a great way to spend a Saturday night. No matter what we do with J and J, we always have a blast!

On Sunday I worked the largest tournament of the year. It is one of the last events, phew! It was a long day, but overall, it went well. I stayed after to hang out with some co-workers and have a drink. It was pretty nice to be almost finished there for the year.

Today was another busy day! We went to the grocery store and when we got home, we found out that our neighbors got a new puppy! This is extra-exciting because they just lost their lab about a month ago. They got an adorable Puggle named Zoe. I am in love already! Then I met J and A for lunch at Panera. Unfortunately, I had to fly home for my adoption physical. After that, I met D at Honda and waited with him while he had an oil change. The great news is that we are almost done with our first batch of home study paperwork! We went for our finger prints tonight and that was one of the last things left on our checklist! SO EXCITED!!

1 comment: