Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Can I go to the bathroom?

Yes, that is the question I heard more than once after I finished going over the syllabus and I asked, "Does anyone have a question?" Ahh the first day of school. It is exciting in many ways, new students and some old ones, new school supplies, fall clothes, and looking forward to the weekends! So far, my classes seem very excited, which is a positive spin on hyper as all get out! Maybe it is just because it is the first day of school, who knows! I like that they are enthusiastic. One student actually told me that "class was really exciting today!" Granted she is the child of a teacher, but it was nice to hear considering that I didn't think the lesson was all that special. It was great to see man of my students from last year. I know we are not supposed to have "favorites," but my last years 7th graders were just the best. While they were not perfect, they were just a really nice group of kids.

Football kicks off this week, and I am thrilled about that! I just made my pick-ems for our league and hopefully they are good ones!

We hope to get our homestudy started very soon. Our CW called today and is supposed to send us the paperwork soon! I am so ready to get moving on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment