Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Meeting

We were set to meet with S just days after we learned about her.  We drove 2 1/2 hours to our case workers office in Vermont, and I was a nervous wreck.  On paper, we already liked S.  Would she like us?  Would we have a match?

I remember the case worker telling me to relax, that S already liked us and that was why we were there.  We watched out the window for when her car pulled up.  I want to respect her privacy so I will be vague, but the meeting went extremely well.  She came prepared with tons of great questions for us, and we were so pleased with her.

Before we left, our case worker asked if we all felt like it was a good match, and we all said YES!  We waited a few days (pending medical records) to make it official, but we walked away that night knowing that S was our gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment