Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

As a temporary stay at home mom, I have been extra dedicated to tracking this storm.  I must admit that any significant weather gets me excited, but I usually prefer blizzards.  I wasn't sure that I would feel the same excitement since I will be home either way, but I was pretty interested anyhow.


Here in upstate NY, we probably won't have much rain.  The experts predict that high winds and subsequent power outages will be the worst parts of the storm for us.  I am concerned about all of the old and feeble trees that border our property.  I hope they don't crash onto the house!  At this time (7pm, 10/29), we still have power.  You may not know this about us, but we ALWAYS lose power.  It is a matter of when, not if.  Luckily, we have plenty of candles and flashlights.

I hope you all make it out of the storm unscathed.  And hey, maybe you can stay home from work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment