Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

The BIG Day!

As we proceeded with our match, we learned that the baby was due the first week in September.  I was so excited, a fall baby.  So imagine our surprise when my phone rang at 4 am on August 22!!!!

It was our case worker.  She said, "S's water broke, and you should come now."

AHHH! We were running around like mad trying to pack. What? He was early?!?! I had just packed my own bag the night before, but Dave's wasn't packed.  Some of our gear was gathered, but not all.  We were half ready, but it didn't matter because he was coming!  I don't think I have ever moved so quickly.  An hour later, we were on our way.

The 3 1/2 hour drive felt so long.  We were on our way to meet our son.  It was surreal. S wanted us to be in the delivery room with her.  I didn't even eat breakfast because I was so anxious to get there.

When we were about 15 minutes away, our case worker called again.  S was 8 inches dilated.  Our son was coming and soon!  I ran about 3 red lights, and we ran through the hospital.  We walked in the room at 8 am.

S was read to push.  Dave and I took turns holding her legs.  I remember hiding behind Dave at one point, so afraid to look.  He said, "here comes our son, look!"  At 8:55 am, our son was born.  Seeing our son come into the world was an experience that I never thought I would have, but I am so glad I did.  It was a miracle.

The three of us had already decided on his name, so we had an answer when the nurse asked.  He was a healthy baby boy.  Our boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment