Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Mac

I made the switch from a PC to a Mac one year ago.  My old laptop was just so-so and my parents wanted me to sell it to my Nan, so I decided to upgrade to a seriously "better" computer.  I bought the basic MacBook in the Apple store after doing a bit of research for $1,200.



New Things I Can Do:
*  I Skype because my Mac has a camera
*  I watch DVDs
*  From what I've been told, I can do lots more.  I just don't know what that entails.

Shortfalls:
*  Google Docs has some issues, but I am not sure they are Mac-related
*  There is no Page Down or Home buttons on the key board

Long story short, I like the way it looks, but I am probably under-utilyzing what it can do.  I don't make art or movies, which is what the Mac was meant to do.  I have more capabilities than I know how to use or what to do with.

Do I like it?  Yes.  I also like that it is white.  The only better option would have been blue.  Or red.

What I am really waiting for is the Cloud.  I am due for a new phone in December, and I will be getting an I-phone so that my phone and computer can synch my Cloud.  My Droid is great to email and upload pics to Facebook, but I look forward to a day when all my data is in both places.  I have no idea how this Cloud concept works, but I am very excited for it!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my Mac. You should explore iMovie and iPhoto! You can do a lot of awesome things like make movies with your photos or edit pictures you take. Veru cool things. Also my FAVORITE thing is..no viruses.... yes!!!!

    ReplyDelete