Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

All's Quiet on the Winter Front

Not much is going on here that is worth reporting, BUT the next few weeks will be exciting. No, not baby-exciting (that we know of!) but Dave turns 30 on Thursday. On the off chance that he will read this, I will hold off posting the birthday activities as some of them are surprises.

We had a snow day on Wednesday and we got about 8 inches of snow. It was a perfectly productive day for me.  I think I may have mentioned in a previous entry that I am teaching 6 classes this year. I actually really enjoy instructing an extra period instead of having a study hall. I love working with my students, and the extra 40 minutes of class time is pretty great. The downside is all the extra grading! Most week nights I put in between 30 and 90 minutes of grading at home, but with the tutoring gig I picked up I feel overwhelmed with paper work! The snow day was great because we all knew it was coming so I brought a ton of work home with me. I didn't get all of it done, but enough so that I can relax a bit this weekend.


I also made some headway in our nursery! I finally ordered a book shelf. Dave laughed at how I agonized over the decision, but the room is so small and the space I want to put it is funny.  The one I originally found at Ikea was the style I was looking for, but a bit too short. And also not really functional. :-(

The one I ended up getting is from Amazon, $69 plus free shipping.  It is an Oxford 36" 3-shelf book case. I am excited for it to arrive so I can take the books out of the boxes! Plus, it will help make the room look less like a mess and more like a nursery.




No comments:

Post a Comment