Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

B-day & V-day

My handsome husband turned 30 this past week, and I wanted to make his Big 3-0 extra special.  On his birthday morning, I surprised him with a small trip! I will blog more about this after it is done, but he was happy.  It is funny because the night before his birthday, he mentioned that we hadn't gone away for a night in a long time. I just agreed, but acted disinterested so that he wouldn't surprise ME by booking something!

Last night we went out to celebrate his birthday and Valentine's Day at our favorite restaurant: Bloomer's! My descriptions of our meal won't do it justice, but alas...We started out with wine, Dave had a Malbec and I had a Pinot Noir.  For appetizers, I had a spinach salad with strawberries, pecans, and goat cheese while Dave had a parsnip and apple light cream soup.  For dinner, Dave went with his usual fillet Mignon with a demi-glaze and I enjoyed veal Oscar.  The crab meat on my veal was by far the best I have ever had. We LOVE the food there, and wish it wasn't so expensive! We passed on dessert because we were too full, but we are already looking forward to the next dinner we will enjoy there!

No comments:

Post a Comment