Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vacation

We are officially on winter break! It has been a long and cold winter with no recent snow days to speak of. While on one hand, I cannot believe how fast the school year is going, I am so ready for warmer weather.

I have several goals for this week off:
1. clean ***** top priority******
2. organize
3. catch up with friends
4. quality time with D
5. RELAX!

We also talked about painting the nursery this week, and I am hoping that we actually do that. Since we plan to go to NC over April break, we wouldn't have a big chunk of time off again until summer vacation. Crazy, huh? The other catch is that as the weather gets nicer, the golf course will open, and I will be a slave to it for the third summer in a row. Don't get me wrong, it is a really perfect summer job for me in many ways...it's social, fun, great money, and not all that difficult. The drawback is that is takes up all of my weekends and a few of my nights. I think it is worth it, so I will be going back there again.

Another less tangible goal for this vacation is to renew my spirit. I have been feeling stretched to the max since I started night class and tutoring, and now that both of those are winding down, I need to get back some time for me. I haven't sat down to read a book in a while, and I have been slacking on my blog. I feel like I want to hibernate for a bit, and I think it is A-OK to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment