Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Out of the closet

I finally told my principal about our adoption plan. I am not good at or comfortable with keeping secrets, especially one that is so exciting! It went very well. The part of not knowing when our baby will arrive may cause some issues, but he said we can work it out. He congratulated us, and wished us good luck. I know it is standard to congratulate a pregnancy, but we are not and it was nice to hear it anyway! I am still keeping it mostly under wraps at school for our own privacy and sanity, but I at least feel that I can start sharing our news with people because my boss knows.

In other news, my grandmother is recovering from her fall. Just over a week ago, she fell and broke her hip in 4 places. She had surgery last Saturday, and she is now living (temporarily, we hope) in a rehab facility. Mattie and I are surprising her with a visit tomorrow!

We have an exciting couple of weeks ahead of us. D turns 29 on Wednesday, my sister J turns 27, and February break begins Friday at 3 pm! So close!!

No comments:

Post a Comment