Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

We have been in Maine since Friday, and there has only been one day that did not have rain! When we first arrived here and we heard the forecast, I said, "we are not at work and we have no responsibilities, so who cares about the rain!" Well, I don't take that comment back per se, but I wish the weather was nicer. One of my favorite things about Maine is walking along the beach. We did that on Saturday, and I even got a bit of a sunburn, but I was hoping we would walk the beach everyday. It has been a pretty relaxing trip. I was able to begin and finish one book for my book challenge. I read The Accidental Bride because I had to read a book about a wedding. It was a fine beach read, but I wouldn't recommend it. Too predictable, etc. I plan to start reading Fahrenheit 451, soon and I cannot wait. It is a book that I should have read in HS, but somehow, I never did!

So back to Maine...we had a very productive day at the outlets yesterday. We honestly spent so much money. I got 3 skirts, 2 tops, 2 bracelets, sneakers, coasters, a panini maker, and other things that I cannot remember. The J Crew and Banana Republic outlets were so fabulously dangerous, and we loved every minute of it!

Today was a VERY laid back day. We really didn't do much. We went back to the outlets for a bit and to a wine store. We went out to dinner with one of my friends from W-burg and her husband. We went to Mainiax, and it was fun.

Tomorrow may be our last day here since there isn't much more for us to do. We will be staying at D's brother's home if we stay until Wednesday. I am a bit anxious to get home because I miss the pups!

No comments:

Post a Comment