Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome to My Blog

I love writing. In fact, I have attempted many times to stay active as a writer, but they have all fallen by the wayside. I am hoping that blogging may help me, but it too may fall to the wayside.

I just finished a fabulous book, A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs, and it reminded me of how important each person's life story is. I have always found memoirs to be the most compelling genre, especially ones that really touch on the human experience. While the content of this book does not really relate to me or my life, I still connected with many of the feelings he experienced. I think part of what I love about reading and writing is the ability to connect with the author and the shared experience. I have read several books where a character has left journals behind as a legacy, and I would love to do that. I have a few notebooks, none of them full, with writing. I go back and forth between the importance of leaving a legacy and then thinking that no one will care what I was thinking about when I was 27.

I have always dreamed of being a published author, but I have no manuscript. I love reading many of the YA Literature that my students read, and think that that may be my niche, but I also want to write something that will matter, something of value. We all have a story to tell, but is each story worth hearing? I hope to create a life that will be worth writing about. I have often thought about writing about my times in school. I have met so many marvelously resilient children who are definitely an inspiration, but I haven't found a way to put it into words yet. Here's hoping! MCG

No comments:

Post a Comment